You can download a full list of the 2022-23 Class Links.
The GDPR form so that new parents/carers can opt in to receive PTFA emails can be found here: PTFA GDPR letter.
The role of the Class Link is to pass information about PTFA activities to the parents in each class and to help run PTFA events and class events. The Class Link is not a representative of the parents, so any matters not relating to PTFA should be raised by a parent directly with the school.
Class Links are elected once a year at the Annual General Meeting in October. The duration of their tenure then lasts from the AGM in which they are voted in until the next AGM at which they can be voted in again or step down for someone else to take over. The Class Link can be a shared role, which has proved successful in the past and has reduced the amount of work required by one person.
Class Links will have the following responsibilities for the whole of their tenure:
- The Class Link Coordinator passes on PTFA information to the class links which can then be forwarded to the rest of the class parents, preferably by blind copy email.
- Class links also ask parents for help with various PTFA activities e.g., running a stall at a fair.
- Teachers may make use of this communication system from time to time, for example if help is needed walking the class up to the school field.
- The Class Link (or at least one of the Class Links if it is a shared role) will be a member of the PTFA committee. The committee votes on such matters as the spending of PTFA funds.
- If the Class Link cannot attend the termly PTFA meeting, they should try to find someone to attend on their behalf.
- Many Class Links organise social evenings, picnics and even camping trips BUT this is not necessarily a responsibility of the Class Link and can be organised by any of the class parents if required. If social events are organised by a Class Link, they should only contact parents who are happy for their contact details to be used for this purpose.